Friday morning. No makeup. Read for work. At least I’ve showered. Right?
Some days are hard. I’ve said this so many times in the last couple of months. Recently, I’ve been putting in the effort to pretend those days are not hard. Why? Because when we think positively, positive things happen.
In the last week I have done quite a few things that brought me joy.
- Went for a long walk.
- Family game night with all 4 kids.
- Shopping with Cressida.
- FaceTiming with Leeanne.
- Crafting gifts for Mother’s Day.
- Crafting some cute decorations for my house.
- Cooking my family’s favorite dinner.
- Taken a morning off to help Colin with a school project.
- Sent a second round of “Happy Notes”.
- Started a new string of DIY posts on my blog.
- Read 3 books.
- Every day, I record one thing I am thankful for.
- 3 positive thoughts a day.
- Go to bed every night thinking of all the good in life.
I’m sure you’re wondering how I found the time to do all that? I just did. There was no “finding time”. The time is there, we just need to use it. There is no such thing as not enough time to do things that make you happy.
I’ll leave you with these wise words: “Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself.” —Mahatma Gandhi
Thanks for following me on this journey.